We have yet another consultation paper from the government for bodies corporate. This one relates to administration and procedure. It asks 89 (!) questions around issues such as:
- Flexible AGM dates
- Notice periods for general meetings;
- Insurance decisions;
- How voters are counted;
- Quorums for meetings;
- Spending limits;
- Voting at meetings – resolutions without dissent, majority resolutions and poll voting;
- The composition of the committee (including whether the resident manager should be a voting member);
- Part 5 engagements of body corporate managers (when there is no committee);
- Delegations to the body corporate manager;
- Removal of committee members;
- Codes of conduct for service providers;
- ‘Professional’ committee members;
- Electronic voting and notices;
- Electronic attendance at meetings;
- Expanding the dispute resolution provisions to include developers and subsidiary bodies corporate;
- And lots more.
Submissions close on 22 February 2016 so there is plenty of time to digest and contribute if you are interested. It is not a 2015 job.
It will give us all something to think about in 2016 (if a decision is ever made on any of it).
You can access the latest consultation paper here.