Purchase of a Motel Business
One of our key practice areas is acting for purchasers of motel businesses. These range from small first timers to corporates with multiple motels. This is when you are just buying the business, but not the freehold.
A motel business purchase is more than just a simple conveyance. One size doesn’t fit all and it is a complex process. Issues will come up and how these are managed and resolved will be critical to achieving a successful result and avoiding future surprises. Making sure you have a proper due diligence in place is critical. Our due diligence includes:-
- a review of the lease;
- a review of any chain agreements;
- a review of any licenses in place;
- a detailed written report to you.
We also guide you through all the other issues that may arise when buying a motel business including:
- ensuring that the landlord has not exercised their option (if any) to buy the business
- dealing with your financier and valuer;
- obtaining the consent of the landlord;
- assisting with the transfer of the liquor licence;
- assisting with the transfer of any council licences;
- assisting with the transfer of any chain membership;
- dealing with any right of entry document required by your financier.
Why choose us?
The benefits of choosing Hynes Legal for your motel purchase:
- we are motel experts, so our experience will help solve any issues and get the outcome you want;
- we have long-term, loyal clients because we provide a personal service and want to build business relationships, not just get the job done;
- we are easily contacted, and you can get hold of us when you need to. We return your calls; and
- choosing Hynes Legal is an investment made now that will save problems down the road: you can have absolute confidence that you will be getting the right advice with us.