To view this page correctly you must have Chinese characters installed.

Liquor Licensing for Motels

In most cases, you must have a liquor licence or permit to sell or supply liquor (alcohol) in Queensland.

If you are buying an existing business with a liquor licence in place, then you must apply for a transfer and have it approved before you commence trading in the business.

Until the transfer is complete, the new business owner cannot sell liquor from the premises.

The holder of a liquor licence should be aware of their numerous obligations and responsibilities as a licensee. In Queensland it is necessary for intending purchasers of a licenced business to complete a course before being entitled to a transfer of the liquor licence. These courses help to ensure that licensees are aware of the liquor laws and their responsibilities.

There are training and course requirements that should be commenced as soon as possible to ensure that the transfer is not delayed.

Expert motel lawyers

Frank Higginson

Frank Higginson


Body Corporate
Management Rights
Manufactured Home Parks