The starting point is that all of this is only temporary. These amendments commence on a date to be determined (but likely to be very soon) and expire on 31 December 2020. For the purposes of this article we will talk about that as being the…...read more
Coronavirus in strata18 Mar
You won’t find a set of hard and fast rules anywhere, including from us. What you will find in this recording is how we think people can deal with something that legislation simply does not contemplate.
Yes – that’s right. Chris Irons is starting with us as reported in the Courier Mail.
It is incredible to think that Y2K was 20 years ago now, but doesn’t time fly?
The Queensland Government has announced proposed policy changes to rental law that will amend the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008.
There has been a bit of recent publicity about this decision by a Queensland Magistrate for a body corporate at Fairway Island where the body corporate’s prohibition via a by-law on lot owners letting their lot on a short term basis was held to be valid.
We don’t think you could call any of the proposed changes revolutionary, but there are some interesting tweaks to some areas of law – particularly for developers.
It is time for the management rights industry to look at revisiting the management rights assignment process. Everyone needs to start treating the assignment process with a bit more respect.
We have written a bit about bodies corporate attempting to terminate management rights agreements over the years...
Have you ever wondered what happens when a lot owner starts short term letting and it affects the ability of the body corporate to get the required statutory insurance?
You might wonder why the question of who is a visitor matters, and if you do, you are in the strata minority. The ostensible abuse of visitor car parking privileges is the trigger for an enormous amount of body corporate angst.
- Is it defamatory to call someone unfinancial?05 Jun
- Rights of access to lots05 Jun
- That’s it for contribution schedule lot entitlement adjustments30 Apr
- When can a body corporate withhold access to records?30 Jan
- Our most read articles of 201818 Jan
- QCAT considers short term letting by-laws21 Nov
- Body corporate insurance obligations16 Oct
- The cladding bus has left the station03 Oct
- The meaning of ‘full and accurate minutes’ – the devil is in the detail 14 Aug
- Combustible cladding laws in Queensland announced 06 Aug
- The timing for body corporate debt recovery proceedings is clarified 01 Aug
- Chairperson ordered to stop bullying a caretaker 19 Jul
- The BUGTA law reform recommendations paper has been released01 Jun
- What is a quorum?28 May
- Instructing service providers22 May