It is time for the management rights industry to look at revisiting the management rights assignment process. Everyone needs to start treating the assignment process with a bit more respect....read more
Read this if you want to know the key things you should do before you list your motel for sale to make sure you stay ahead of any problems:...read more
Have you ever wondered what happens when a lot owner starts short term letting and it affects the ability of the body corporate to get the required statutory insurance?
You might wonder why the question of who is a visitor matters, and if you do, you are in the strata minority. The ostensible abuse of visitor car parking privileges is the trigger for an enormous amount of body corporate angst.
It must be the season for ‘interesting’ defamation proceedings. This one will be of special interest to the strata managers (and perhaps chairpersons) out there who have to declare people unfinancial at general meetings.
Rights of access to lots05 Jun
Many bodies corporate are mistaken about their rights to access lots. There is a right to access a lot only for specific purposes and in accordance with the Act. If you want to read an appeal decision about whether a body corporate acted reasonably in accessing a lot, then read on – and before you think this is just a body corporate issue there is a bit in this one for management rights operators about working with heights and the related work health and safety issues….
Read this if you are interested in watching a seminar Frank Higginson did for nearly 200 resident managers about what he sees as the most common causes of management rights disputes and how to prevent them.
Read this if you are interested in whether your share of the body corporate levies can be changed without your consent.
The ATO has recently clarified its position in relation to superannuation payments in respect of annual leave loading.
Here are the most useful, interesting and most read articles from 2018!
Hynes Legal is pleased to announce the appointment of two new partners Amy O’Donnell and Todd Garsden, effective 1 January 2019.
- QCAT considers short term letting by-laws21 Nov
- Body corporate insurance obligations16 Oct
- The cladding bus has left the station03 Oct
- Is it time for market rent reviews in the motel industry?20 Aug
- The meaning of ‘full and accurate minutes’ – the devil is in the detail 14 Aug
- Combustible cladding laws in Queensland announced 06 Aug
- The timing for body corporate debt recovery proceedings is clarified 01 Aug
- Chairperson ordered to stop bullying a caretaker 19 Jul
- The BUGTA law reform recommendations paper has been released01 Jun
- What is a quorum?28 May
- Instructing service providers22 May
- The Motel Lease – the term17 May
- The key legal differences between motels and management rights08 May
- Do not forget your option28 Mar
- Where to now for strata law reform?16 Nov