What does a body corporate manager do?
The best way of thinking about the body corporate manager is comparing them to a company secretary or a professional administrator. The body corporate normally contracts the secretary’s duties under the legislation to the body corporate manager.
They will provide all of the administrative services of the body corporate. These will usually include:
- keeping the body corporate record;
- maintaining the roll of owners;
- advising the committee about matters of corporate governance;
- calling both committee and general meetings; and
- issuing levies and recovering them.
There is a very big body corporate management industry and the services provided by body corporate managers other than those set out above can vary subject to what the needs of the body corporate itself actually are.