With the introduction of good faith bargaining principles into the Australian industrial relations landscape and the myriad of bargaining related claims that can be referred to the Fair Work Commission, businesses could be forgiven for shuddering at the thought of their next EBA negotiation.
Our team is highly experienced in EBA negotiations under the Fair Work Act and can make EBA negotiation a much smoother and less stressful process by:
- providing advice on the good faith bargaining process - including employer's rights during the negotiations and obligations towards employees and other bargaining representatives;
- drafting the EBA to ensure legislative compliance and that the Better Off Overall Test (BOOT) requirements are met;
- acting as the business' bargaining representative and negotiating with other bargaining representatives;
- responding to union demands and threats of industrial action; and
- providing representation in all matters before the Fair Work Commission (including approval hearings, disputes, scope orders etc).