Whether it be a large scale change (such as the closure of a worksite or the sale of the business) or a smaller change (such as the implementation of a new roster system or the redundancy of a small group of employees) our Workplace Relations, Health and Safety team can assist your organisation by:
- providing advice in respect of the organisation’s rights and obligations under legislation, modern awards, EBAs, contracts and company policies;
- working with you to development an appropriate consultation and communication strategy;
- preparing any necessary documentation and written communications relating to the change (for example, scripts for discussions and information packs for affected employees);
- planning for business disruptions that may arise as a result of the change;
- dealing with any third parties involved in the process (such as unions or government departments); and
- providing representation in respect of any legal claims which might flow from the change.
Some examples of our recent work in this area include advising a:
- national provider in the fitness industry in relation to the integration of transferring employees into its business;
- national hospitality business on the outsourcing of certain functions overseas;
- large for profit aged care provider on the acquisition of three separate facilities comprising over 4000 beds; and
- variety of businesses on restructuring decisions resulting in the removal of senior roles.