Workplace Relations Advice
At Hynes Legal, our Employment and Workplace Relations team can advise clients in all areas of employment and workplace / industrial relations law including:
- rights and obligations under the Fair Work Act and related legislation;
- industrial instrument coverage, interpretation, and compliance;
- managing ill and injured employees;
- performance management processes;
- misconduct investigations;
- addressing (and avoiding) bullying, harassment, discrimination, and other inappropriate workplace behaviours;
- requests for flexible working arrangements;
- restrictions on employee out of hours conduct (for example, out of hours social media conduct);
- termination decisions and separation issues;
- restructuring and change management;
- employment and due diligence issues arising from mergers and acquisitions;
- work health and safety responsibilities and processes;
- the engagement of contractors and sham contracting risks; and
- investigations being conducted by the Fair Work Ombudsman.
We understand that in many situations clients do not want lengthy written advices and simply want to “bounce” off or get a second opinion from one of our workplace relations experts. While we can provide formal written advice where required, we are well equipped to provide quick, practical advice about discrete issues if that is the client’s preference.
We offer a variety of subscription and retainer arrangements to help businesses manage the costs of seeking day to day advice.