Jodie has practised in both Queensland and NSW and also has experience working in legal practices in England and the Republic of Ireland. Jodie has extensive experience in dispute resolution and litigation across a range of industries and areas of law including corporate and commercial litigation, corporate governance, managed investment schemes, professional negligence, LPA cost disputes and personal and corporate insolvency. She is also skilled in handling volume based and large scale debt recovery matters for a variety of clients.
Jodie has appeared in the Queensland Magistrates Court, District Court (including the Planning & Environment Court) and Supreme Court, Federal Court of Australia, Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal and various New South Wales Courts and Tribunals.
Areas of practice
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Restructures
- Debt Recovery
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Acting for Applicant in a $10 million damages claim arising out of Respondent’s professional negligence
- Negotiating settlement of complex company and directors’ dispute that included both QLD Supreme Court and NSW Supreme Court actions and involving multiple companies, multiple lenders and completing claims
- Successful in having an action brought by Receivers & Managers, seeking to assert ownership of Scheme assets that were not assets the subject of the charge, dismissed.
- Successfully negotiating with Financial Services Provider to support Part X Personal Insolvency Agreement for debtor client
- Queensland Law Society