Helen is an Associate Director in the aged care and retirement living team. Helen is a highly accomplished commercial lawyer with experience working with top-tier firms in the UK and Western Australia as well as running her own practice.
Helen brings over 15 years commercial legal experience spanning commercial property, banking and finance, mergers and acquisitions, franchising, leasing and general corporate/commercial advice. Among her previous roles, Helen led the Corporate and Commercial team of a boutique health and aged care law firm in Western Australia, advising a range of aged care clients.
Helen is a mother of two and in her spare time enjoys taking advantage of Queensland’s amazing climate and exploring the many wonderful attractions in this part of the world with her young family. Helen also enjoys watching films and yoga.
Areas of practice
- Aged care and retirement living
- Property transactions
- Business / asset sales
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate and commercial
- Construction contracts
- Corporate governance
- Bachelor of Science (with Honours)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Courts of New South Wales and Western Australia
- Advising on the acquisition of a large site for a unique (first of its kind in Australia) development site in New South Wales. Reviewing and advising on the documentation including Put and Call Option Deed, Service Agreements and Contract for Sale of Land.
- Advising buyers and sellers of businesses in many different industry sectors across Australia. Reviewing sale documentation including sale of business agreements and lease transfer documents and settlement.
- Advising Western Australian aged care providers in relation to commercial documents including service agreements, home care agreements, brokerage agreements and incorporating companies new corporate entities.
- Advising Queensland Treasury during the QR National float as to their tenure in respect of their property interests, managing the property due diligence in respect of all the Western Australian strategic sites as well as identifying key legal issues/risks and recommending solutions.