Motels are a very well established property product that provides a choice for investors to:
- operate a going concern business and own the freehold property; or
- invest in just the freehold property (the same as most other commercial landlords – except that you have a long lease in place);
- invest in just the business.
At Hynes Legal, we have a team of specialists who practice in both Queensland and New South Wales. Our expert lawyers understand motels and the issues facing any tourism based business. It is an area that we are passionate about and invest a great deal of time in growing our knowledge base on.
Our team provides advice to many buyers and sellers of motel businesses, owners of the freeholds as landlords along with providing counsel to those already in the industry. We handle all aspects of a motel transaction. We are the motel experts. Don’t put your motel investment at risk. Make sure you use experts to guide you in your motel journey.
Getting the right legal advice is critical and we can provide many legal services to our clients, including:
- Purchasing a Motel Business
- Sale of a Motel Business
- Purchase of a freehold motel property
- Sale of a freehold motel property
- Purchasing (or selling) both the business and the freehold
- Drafting or changing a motel lease
- Acting for a Landlord to consent to an assignment of the Lease
- Financing a Motel Lease
- Liquor Licensing
- Franchise Agreements (for example Choice, Quest, Best Western)
- Dispute Resolution
- Exercising Options
- Partnership Agreements for Motels
- Employment and Workplace Relations
- Notices to Remedy a Breach (under the lease)
Have a question for us?