Front end (non contentious) construction expertise
The reasonable and appropriate allocation of risk in construction and infrastructure contracts is essential for the efficient delivery of the project and the protection of the parties. Our construction lawyers focus specifically on the identification, management and allocation of risk when drafting and reviewing construction contracts.
While the risk perspectives of principals and contractors are necessarily different, issues relating to: design defects; change in law risk; delay; adequate scope of works; statutory compliance; credit risk; liquidated damages; late completion; insurance; and defects rectification invariably require consideration.
Our lawyers seek to mitigate the risk of disputes by clear contract drafting, the provision of upfront risk allocation tables for our clients and the early identification of areas of potential dispute.
Our expertise covers:
- Pre-bid agreements
- Construct only contracts
- Design and construct contracts
- Advice on the Australian Standards suite of building contracts
- Joint Ventures
- Construction management agreements
- Managing contract agreements
- Early contractor involvement (ECI) procurement
- Engineer, procure, construct (EPC) contracts
- Supply, install and commission contracts
- Build Own Operate Transfer (BOOT) agreements