Disputes (back end construction expertise)
Construction litigation (back end) is a specialist area of commercial litigation concerning legal disputes arising out of building projects. These disputes are often complex, costly and time consuming for all parties involved. Strategic, incisive legal advice is essential for achieving best results.
The Hynes Legal construction litigation team advises on every type of construction dispute, including those relating to payment, valuation delay, late completion, building defects, design warranties, contract termination, insolvency of contractor or owners and the enforcement of security.
If disputes do arise under construction contracts, our construction team is able to provide client focused advice on the most appropriate dispute resolution mechanisms.
If litigation becomes necessary we can act in the prosecution or the defence of claims in Court, Tribunal or Arbitration proceedings in all Australian jurisdictions.
Our expertise covers;
- Court litigation (all Australian jurisdictions)
- Claims before the Queensland Civil and Administration Tribunal (QCAT);
- Defending defect rectification orders under the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991;
- Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2014 (BCIPA) claims
- Advice on security interest under the PPSA
- Subcontractors Charges Act 1974 disputes
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Workplace Health and Safety claims
- Director and shareholder disputes