Corporate Governance & Compliance
Good corporate governance is essential to the success of any organisation and is a requisite for obtaining funding from many sources, particularly government. With the establishment of a dedicated Not for Profit regulator, the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), there will be more focus on corporate governance in a Not for Profit environment than ever before.
With this greater scrutiny, organisations that embrace best practice and foster responsible and transparent procedures will benefit from enhanced credibility, reduced risks and greater stability.
At Hynes Legal, we have developed systems, structures and policies for organisations of all sizes that ensure that the management of the organisation takes place in a systematic and balanced environment. Our clients benefit from this experience and will have access to these processes that we have refined specifically for Not for Profit organisations.
We can provide to our clients:
- advice on board composition, structures and appointment processes;
- advice on conversion from an incorporated association of a company;
- advice on structures for separate business ventures or for risk management purposes;
- assisting with regular reporting and compliance requirements on corporate governance matters;
- constitution reviews and updates and implementation advice;
- corporate governance training and board workshops;
- development of corporate governance policies and charters appropriate for your organisation’s type and size (such as audit committee charters, remuneration committee charters, company codes of conduct, communication policies, HR policies and the like);
- fraud prevention and detection;
- liaising with regulators such as the ACNC, where appropriate;
- preparation of advices and documentation related to risk management; and
- tailored advice on directors’ duties, liabilities, indemnities and insurances.