FAQ's about legal fees
1. Can I have an estimate of your fees in writing?
The legal fees for a number of different matters can be estimated with a degree of accuracy. Your lawyers should be able to provide you with a written cost estimate.
2. Is your fee an estimate or a fixed fee?
Unless your lawyer is able to provide a fixed fee option, the fees will only be an estimate.
3. If the cost changes, when will you let me know?
Your lawyer should be able to have a frank conversation with you in advance if it looks like the estimate will be exceeded.
4. When our business engages a lawyer, is there a lot of paperwork to get started?
Lawyers need to meet the requirements set out in the Legal Profession Act 2007 (Qld) as well as those governed by the Queensland Law Society (QLS). Prior to commencing any project you will be asked to sign a lengthy document called a Cost Agreement which is a requirement of the QLS and something all lawyers should provide.
5. Do you provide a discount for Not for Profit clients?
Hynes Legal does offer our Not for Profit clients who sign a retainer agreement with us a discounted rate.