As we detailed in our article on 6 November 2017, the Housing Legislation (Building Better Futures) Amendment Bill 2017, that significantly amends the Retirement Villages Act 1999 (RV Act), was passed in the Queensland Parliament on 25…...read more
On 25 October 2017, the Housing Legislation (Building Better Futures) Amendment Bill 2017 was passed in the Queensland Parliament....read more
In recent weeks Hynes Legal has maintained a close watch on the changes proposed in the Housing Legislation (Building Better Futures) Amendment Bill 2017 (the Bill).
The Government has recently released a data report detailing the operation of the new home care system and national prioritisation process.
Senate Bill seeks to introduce mandated ratio of skilled staff to care recipients for all Australian aged care facilities 08 Sep
Senator Derryn Hinch introduced the Aged Care Amendment (Ratio of Skilled Staff to Care Recipients) Bill 2017 to the Senate this week.
Julie, one of Australia’s leading legal practitioners in the aged care and retirement living sector, will appear at the Health Metrics World Conference.
Bush lawyers abound out there in strataland.
The Fair Work Commission has ruled that additional flexibility in part-time rostering is not necessary in order for aged care and community service providers to meet their obligations under the NDIS.
Hynes Legal listed as leading law firm in Doyles Guides Leading Health and Aged Care Firms - Queensland 201729 Jun
Hynes Legal listed as a tier one firm in Doyles Guide’s “Leading Health and Aged Care Firms – Queensland, 2017.
The value of the Federal Penalty Unit is set to increase by approximately 15% from 1 July 2017.
In last week’s budget, the Government announced measures aimed to encourage older Australians to downsize. The Government has stated the intention of the incentive is to help free up property supply for younger families (which we suspect is to try and ease pressure on housing prices).
Hynes Legal is proud to announce that three of the firm’s team members have, once again, featured in The Best Lawyers in Australia for 2017/18.
- WA Coroner makes recommendations regarding home care09 Mar
- Can a Queensland body corporate stop Airbnb?02 Mar
- FWC Penalty Rate Decision – Limited Impact for Aged Care Providers 23 Feb
- Mandatory Data Breach Reporting22 Feb
- Proposed BCCM Act review recommendations announced12 Feb
- New smoke alarm requirements from 1 January10 Jan
- Opposing resolutions without dissent - the final say12 Oct
- Lot entitlements - Can you unscramble the egg?10 Oct
- Christmas is approaching - is it time to give notice?07 Oct
- Industrial relations considerations in outsourcing and offshoring05 Oct