Update - changes to the Retirement Village legislation (Queensland) to commence from 1 February 2019 09 Nov
The government has now announced the date for the commencement of the next stage of the amendments to the RV Act has been proclaimed to be in effect from 1 February 2019 with the remaining amendments to commence on 19 October 2019 (if they…...read more
The Federal Government today released its terms of reference for the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety....read more
A week has passed since the announcement of the Royal Commission into the aged care sector, and the consultation period for submissions on the Terms of Reference has now closed.
On Sunday in a joint statement with the Health Minister Greg Hunt and the Aged Care Minister Ken Wyatt, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced a Royal Commission into the aged care sector.
The Aged Care (Single Quality Framework) Reform Bill 2018, which establishes the new quality standards was passed by parliament on Monday evening.
The end of NRAS10 Sep
It would be remiss of us not to observe that we have had nearly as many years of the National Rental Affordability Scheme as we have had prime ministers in the last decade.
By 30 November 2018, all existing home care providers will need to provide their pricing information about the costs of care and services for publication on the My Aged Care website.
The Aged Care Amendment (Staffing Ratio Disclosure) Bill 2018 (the Bill) was introduced to the House of Representatives on Monday by independent MP Rebekha Sharkie.
There are two sets of minutes that must be kept by every body corporate. Those at committee level and those at general meeting level.
If you don’t know whether the cladding on your building is combustible, you are soon going to be forced to find out.
This is the second edition of our series of information alerts regarding home care under the new Standards. In this article we explore the concept of dignity of risk and increasing consumer choice in home care.
Timing for body corporate debt recovery proceedings
- Chairperson ordered to stop bullying a caretaker 19 Jul
- Misuse of Enduring Powers of Attorney 13 Jul
- Sale of Retirement Village: Do I need a Heads of Agreement?06 Jul
- Medication management in home care – managing risk under the new Standards28 Jun
- The BUGTA law reform recommendations paper has been released01 Jun
- Timetable released for implementation of 2017 Queensland Retirement Village reforms31 May
- What is a quorum?28 May
- Instructing service providers22 May
- Hynes Legal listed as a leading health and aged care law firm in Doyles Guide 201817 May
- The key legal differences between motels and management rights08 May