A week has passed since the announcement of the Royal Commission into the aged care sector, and the consultation period for submissions on the Terms of Reference has now closed....read more
On Sunday in a joint statement with the Health Minister Greg Hunt and the Aged Care Minister Ken Wyatt, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced a Royal Commission into the aged care sector....read more
The Aged Care (Single Quality Framework) Reform Bill 2018, which establishes the new quality standards was passed by parliament on Monday evening....read more
By 30 November 2018, all existing home care providers will need to provide their pricing information about the costs of care and services for publication on the My Aged Care website.
The Aged Care Amendment (Staffing Ratio Disclosure) Bill 2018 (the Bill) was introduced to the House of Representatives on Monday by independent MP Rebekha Sharkie.
There are two sets of minutes that must be kept by every body corporate. Those at committee level and those at general meeting level.
If you don’t know whether the cladding on your building is combustible, you are soon going to be forced to find out.
This is the second edition of our series of information alerts regarding home care under the new Standards. In this article we explore the concept of dignity of risk and increasing consumer choice in home care.
Timing for body corporate debt recovery proceedings
We first wrote about bullying in strata more than two years ago. We have been waiting for a while, but we finally have a decision from the Fair Work Commission (FWC) that gives some guidance about whether the sort of conduct we regularly see in terms of committee and resident manager communications constitutes bullying
As specialists in the aged care industry we are regularly approached by aged care providers who are concerned about an attorney misusing their powers (granted under an Enduring Power of Attorney/EPoA) and are unsure what to do.
Selling your Retirement Village can be a daunting prospect, especially if you have not been through this process before. How can you maximise your chances of achieving a successful sale?
Medication management is one of the highest risk areas for home care providers. As care recipients’ needs escalate and the complexity of their care increases, so too does the risk for providers who offer medication management services.
- The BUGTA law reform recommendations paper has been released01 Jun
- Timetable released for implementation of 2017 Queensland Retirement Village reforms31 May
- What is a quorum?28 May
- Instructing service providers22 May
- Hynes Legal listed as a leading health and aged care law firm in Doyles Guide 201817 May
- The key legal differences between motels and management rights08 May
- Hynes Legal appoints clinical consultant to aged care and retirement living team02 May
- Mandatory flu vaccination for aged care staff – can providers implement a ‘no jab, no shift’ policy?26 Apr
- Hynes Legal appoints senior commercial lawyer to grow aged care and retirement living team12 Apr
- Federal Court decision on “Asset Replacement Charge” 07 Mar