Back when real estate wasn’t as expensive, multipliers weren’t as high and banks didn’t care as much about serviceability as they did security, buying a lot with a business all worked without much of an issue....read more
Read this if you are interested in whether your share of the body corporate levies can be changed without your consent....read more
Here are the most useful, interesting and most read articles from 2018!
Hynes Legal is pleased to announce the appointment of three new partners, Madeline Walsh, Amy O’Donnell and Todd Garsden, effective 1 January 2019.
Governments create laws. Courts and tribunals interpret those laws when they make decisions on disputes. We all then rely on those interpretations as gospel in terms of what the legislation actually means.
If William Shakespeare was a Queensland strata title property owner (particularly in North Queensland), he might at this very stage be writing:
It is terrifying how quickly time flies. Two months ago we wrote about the new cladding regulation. It has now commenced.
There are two sets of minutes that must be kept by every body corporate. Those at committee level and those at general meeting level.
If you don’t know whether the cladding on your building is combustible, you are soon going to be forced to find out.
Timing for body corporate debt recovery proceedings
We first wrote about bullying in strata more than two years ago. We have been waiting for a while, but we finally have a decision from the Fair Work Commission (FWC) that gives some guidance about whether the sort of conduct we regularly see in terms of committee and resident manager communications constitutes bullying
- The BUGTA law reform recommendations paper has been released01 Jun
- What is a quorum?28 May
- Instructing service providers22 May
- The key legal differences between motels and management rights08 May
- Where to now for strata law reform?16 Nov
- Common management rights misconceptions08 Aug
- Hynes Legal listed in Best Lawyers List for 2017/1807 Apr
- Can a Queensland body corporate stop Airbnb?02 Mar
- Proposed BCCM Act review recommendations announced12 Feb
- New smoke alarm requirements from 1 January10 Jan