We first wrote about bullying in strata more than two years ago. We have been waiting for a while, but we finally have a decision from the Fair Work Commission (FWC) that gives some guidance about whether the sort of conduct we regularly…...read more
Have you ever tried to take instructions from seven people at once? It happens quite a bit to us here in strataland.
There are (obviously) two very different business models in the management rights and motel industries.
Bush lawyers abound out there in strataland.
Hot on the heels of the lot entitlement review recommendations, we now have the recommendations paper in response to another of the BCCMA option papers.
There are new requirements for smoke alarms in all dwellings (being houses or units) from 1 January this year.
The longest running (and most expensive) dispute over a deck in Australia has been decided by the High Court. There are no appeals from there so we now have the definitive statement on what a body corporate’s decision-making obligations are based on.
Ordinarily, the answer would be a resounding ‘no’, but the government may have to give it a go with lot entitlements.
Do you intend to shut down operations over the Christmas and New Year period this year?
Acquiescence. Such a beautiful word. But not when it comes to by-law enforcement.
We now know who is going to be running the country for the next three years, and for those of you who took our advice to start preparing new Form 6’s from 1 July while we waited to see who got up, you can scrap that.
- Industrial relations: Election result - tougher penalties and a stronger watchdog 13 Jul
- Latest version of the Form 6 is live06 Jul
- Conditioning management rights assignments08 Jun
- Bullying in strata24 May
- Digital marketing – breaking geographic borders for the accommodation industry24 May
- Smoking in strata 21 Apr
- The Year of Acting Reasonably11 Dec
- Dealing with nuisance owners02 Sep
- Do you understand the legal risks in your management rights business?21 May
- Property Occupations Act furphies19 Nov
- Goodbye PAMDA….and hello Property Occupations Act (‘the POA’)21 Nov
- Can you live off site?04 Oct
- Do not forget your option06 Jul