If you don’t know whether the cladding on your building is combustible, you are soon going to be forced to find out.
We first wrote about bullying in strata more than two years ago. We have been waiting for a while, but we finally have a decision from the Fair Work Commission (FWC) that gives some guidance about whether the sort of conduct we regularly see in terms of committee and resident manager communications constitutes bullying
What is a quorum?28 May
We don’t do much Latin these days in law. Plain English is all the rage (as it should be), but without a single doubt the most frequently used word is quorum.
Have you ever tried to take instructions from seven people at once? It happens quite a bit to us here in strataland.
There are (obviously) two very different business models in the management rights and motel industries.
Bush lawyers abound out there in strataland.
Hynes Legal is proud to announce that three of the firm’s team members have, once again, featured in The Best Lawyers in Australia for 2017/18.
Hot on the heels of the lot entitlement review recommendations, we now have the recommendations paper in response to another of the BCCMA option papers.
There are new requirements for smoke alarms in all dwellings (being houses or units) from 1 January this year.
The longest running (and most expensive) dispute over a deck in Australia has been decided by the High Court. There are no appeals from there so we now have the definitive statement on what a body corporate’s decision-making obligations are based on.
- Lot entitlements - Can you unscramble the egg?10 Oct
- Christmas is approaching - is it time to give notice?07 Oct
- The golden rules of by-law enforcement 14 Sep
- Another version of the Form 6 is live22 Jul
- Industrial relations: Election result - tougher penalties and a stronger watchdog 13 Jul
- Latest version of the Form 6 is live06 Jul
- Conditioning management rights assignments08 Jun
- Bullying in strata24 May
- Digital marketing – breaking geographic borders for the accommodation industry24 May
- Smoking in strata 21 Apr
- The Year of Acting Reasonably11 Dec
- Dealing with nuisance owners02 Sep
- Do you understand the legal risks in your management rights business?21 May
- Property Occupations Act furphies19 Nov
- Goodbye PAMDA….and hello Property Occupations Act (‘the POA’)21 Nov