We first wrote about bullying in strata more than two years ago. We have been waiting for a while, but we finally have a decision from the Fair Work Commission (FWC) that gives some guidance about whether the sort of conduct we regularly…...read more
QUT has now produced the final outstanding recommendations report for strata law reform relating to the Building Units and Group Titles Act 1980...read more
The lot entitlements discussion paper was issued in February 2014 – almost four years ago. The BUGTA one was issued in September this year.T
Bush lawyers abound out there in strataland.
The San Francisco based home sharing juggernaut just keeps growing. It is affecting accommodation supply worldwide, but also in our little part of the planet.
Hot on the heels of the lot entitlement review recommendations, we now have the recommendations paper in response to another of the BCCMA option papers.
There are new requirements for smoke alarms in all dwellings (being houses or units) from 1 January this year.
The longest running (and most expensive) dispute over a deck in Australia has been decided by the High Court. There are no appeals from there so we now have the definitive statement on what a body corporate’s decision-making obligations are based on.
Ordinarily, the answer would be a resounding ‘no’, but the government may have to give it a go with lot entitlements.
Do you intend to shut down operations over the Christmas and New Year period this year?
Acquiescence. Such a beautiful word. But not when it comes to by-law enforcement.
So after a nail-biting fortnight, Bill Shorten has conceded the election and the Coalition have been returned to Government with Malcolm Turnbull remaining at the helm (at least for the time being).
- Conditioning management rights assignments08 Jun
- Interim orders in the Commissioner’s Office06 Jun
- Bullying in strata24 May
- Undertakings to the Commissioner’s Office 05 May
- Smoking in strata 21 Apr
- Backing out of an off-the plan contract – Part 216 Dec
- The Year of Acting Reasonably11 Dec
- Strata titling existing buildings18 Nov
- Backing out of an off-the plan contract - Part 102 Nov
- Appointing an Administrator to a Body Corporate 16 Oct
- Dealing with nuisance owners02 Sep
- Body corporate spending limits22 Apr
- Body Corporate Governance issues - BCCM discussion paper issued15 Dec
- Property Occupations Act furphies19 Nov