Body Corporate News
Casual employment just got a whole lot more expensive – does your organisation know how to mitigate this risk? 16 Jan
Does your organisation employ casuals?...read more
Governments create laws. Courts and tribunals interpret those laws when they make decisions on disputes. We all then rely on those interpretations as gospel in terms of what the legislation actually means.
If William Shakespeare was a Queensland strata title property owner (particularly in North Queensland), he might at this very stage be writing:
It is terrifying how quickly time flies. Two months ago we wrote about the new cladding regulation. It has now commenced.
There are two sets of minutes that must be kept by every body corporate. Those at committee level and those at general meeting level.
If you don’t know whether the cladding on your building is combustible, you are soon going to be forced to find out.
Timing for body corporate debt recovery proceedings
We first wrote about bullying in strata more than two years ago. We have been waiting for a while, but we finally have a decision from the Fair Work Commission (FWC) that gives some guidance about whether the sort of conduct we regularly see in terms of committee and resident manager communications constitutes bullying
QUT has now produced the final outstanding recommendations report for strata law reform relating to the Building Units and Group Titles Act 1980
What is a quorum?28 May
We don’t do much Latin these days in law. Plain English is all the rage (as it should be), but without a single doubt the most frequently used word is quorum.
Have you ever tried to take instructions from seven people at once? It happens quite a bit to us here in strataland.
- Where to now for strata law reform?16 Nov
- Common management rights misconceptions08 Aug
- Can a Queensland body corporate stop Airbnb?02 Mar
- Proposed BCCM Act review recommendations announced12 Feb
- New smoke alarm requirements from 1 January10 Jan
- Opposing resolutions without dissent - the final say12 Oct
- Lot entitlements - Can you unscramble the egg?10 Oct
- Christmas is approaching - is it time to give notice?07 Oct
- The golden rules of by-law enforcement 14 Sep
- Industrial relations: Election result - tougher penalties and a stronger watchdog 13 Jul