Body Corporate News
There are two sets of minutes that must be kept by every body corporate. Those at committee level and those at general meeting level....read more
Timing for body corporate debt recovery proceedings
We first wrote about bullying in strata more than two years ago. We have been waiting for a while, but we finally have a decision from the Fair Work Commission (FWC) that gives some guidance about whether the sort of conduct we regularly see in terms of committee and resident manager communications constitutes bullying
QUT has now produced the final outstanding recommendations report for strata law reform relating to the Building Units and Group Titles Act 1980
What is a quorum?28 May
We don’t do much Latin these days in law. Plain English is all the rage (as it should be), but without a single doubt the most frequently used word is quorum.
Have you ever tried to take instructions from seven people at once? It happens quite a bit to us here in strataland.
The lot entitlements discussion paper was issued in February 2014 – almost four years ago. The BUGTA one was issued in September this year.T
Bush lawyers abound out there in strataland.
The San Francisco based home sharing juggernaut just keeps growing. It is affecting accommodation supply worldwide, but also in our little part of the planet.
Hot on the heels of the lot entitlement review recommendations, we now have the recommendations paper in response to another of the BCCMA option papers.
There are new requirements for smoke alarms in all dwellings (being houses or units) from 1 January this year.
- Opposing resolutions without dissent - the final say12 Oct
- Lot entitlements - Can you unscramble the egg?10 Oct
- Christmas is approaching - is it time to give notice?07 Oct
- The golden rules of by-law enforcement 14 Sep
- Industrial relations: Election result - tougher penalties and a stronger watchdog 13 Jul
- Conditioning management rights assignments08 Jun
- Interim orders in the Commissioner’s Office06 Jun
- Bullying in strata24 May
- Undertakings to the Commissioner’s Office 05 May
- Smoking in strata 21 Apr