Aged Care & Retirement Living News
On Friday, 2 March 2018, the Federal Court of Australia handed down its decision concerning the validity of the “Asset Replacement Charge” which Regis Aged Care has been charging to residents....read more
New laws regarding using or providing labour hire services will shortly commence. These changes affect all aged care and community service providers....read more
As we detailed in our article on 6 November 2017, the Housing Legislation (Building Better Futures) Amendment Bill 2017, that significantly amends the Retirement Villages Act 1999 (RV Act), was passed in the Queensland Parliament on 25…...read more
In recent weeks Hynes Legal has maintained a close watch on the changes proposed in the Housing Legislation (Building Better Futures) Amendment Bill 2017 (the Bill).
The Government has recently released a data report detailing the operation of the new home care system and national prioritisation process.
Senate Bill seeks to introduce mandated ratio of skilled staff to care recipients for all Australian aged care facilities 08 Sep
Senator Derryn Hinch introduced the Aged Care Amendment (Ratio of Skilled Staff to Care Recipients) Bill 2017 to the Senate this week.
Julie, one of Australia’s leading legal practitioners in the aged care and retirement living sector, will appear at the Health Metrics World Conference.
The Fair Work Commission has ruled that additional flexibility in part-time rostering is not necessary in order for aged care and community service providers to meet their obligations under the NDIS.
Hynes Legal listed as leading law firm in Doyles Guides Leading Health and Aged Care Firms - Queensland 201729 Jun
Hynes Legal listed as a tier one firm in Doyles Guide’s “Leading Health and Aged Care Firms – Queensland, 2017.
The value of the Federal Penalty Unit is set to increase by approximately 15% from 1 July 2017.
In last week’s budget, the Government announced measures aimed to encourage older Australians to downsize. The Government has stated the intention of the incentive is to help free up property supply for younger families (which we suspect is to try and ease pressure on housing prices).
Hynes Legal is proud to announce that three of the firm’s team members have, once again, featured in The Best Lawyers in Australia for 2017/18.
The WA Coroner has released a report following an inquest into the death of care of a home care recipient.
- FWC Penalty Rate Decision – Limited Impact for Aged Care Providers 23 Feb
- Mandatory Data Breach Reporting22 Feb
- Eyewitness account was not sufficient proof of elder abuse 20 Sep
- The dead hand of government in aged care reform 13 Sep
- FWO cracking down on employment conditions in the aged care and disability service industries – it's time to get your house in order!12 Sep
- Brisbane City Council announces policies to promote aged care and retirement development31 Aug
- Recent Coroner's decision emphasises need to ensure Falls Policies are updated18 Aug
- Capital refurbishment fees/ asset replacement fees/ administration fees/ room reinstatement fees - maximising revenue within the confines of the legislation26 Jul
- A true David and Goliath battle: how one employee can bring down your entire EBA 06 Jun
- Short Term Restorative Care – a new kind of flexible care06 Jun