Aged Care & Retirement Living News
On Sunday in a joint statement with the Health Minister Greg Hunt and the Aged Care Minister Ken Wyatt, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced a Royal Commission into the aged care sector....read more
The Aged Care (Single Quality Framework) Reform Bill 2018, which establishes the new quality standards was passed by parliament on Monday evening....read more
By 30 November 2018, all existing home care providers will need to provide their pricing information about the costs of care and services for publication on the My Aged Care website....read more
The Aged Care Amendment (Staffing Ratio Disclosure) Bill 2018 (the Bill) was introduced to the House of Representatives on Monday by independent MP Rebekha Sharkie....read more
This is the second edition of our series of information alerts regarding home care under the new Standards. In this article we explore the concept of dignity of risk and increasing consumer choice in home care.
As specialists in the aged care industry we are regularly approached by aged care providers who are concerned about an attorney misusing their powers (granted under an Enduring Power of Attorney/EPoA) and are unsure what to do.
Selling your Retirement Village can be a daunting prospect, especially if you have not been through this process before. How can you maximise your chances of achieving a successful sale?
Medication management is one of the highest risk areas for home care providers. As care recipients’ needs escalate and the complexity of their care increases, so too does the risk for providers who offer medication management services.
As reported by Hynes Legal last year, the Housing Legislation (Building Better Futures) Amendment Bill 2017 made a number of amendments to the Retirement Villages Act 1999 (Qld) (RV Act).
Hynes Legal’s aged care and retirement living team have reinforced their position as one of the leading practices, both nationally and in Queensland after featuring in Doyles Guide’s Leading Health and Aged Care Law Firm List.
Hynes Legal is thrilled to announce that Anne Marie Cassaniti, a highly experienced Clinical Consultant, has joined our aged care and retirement living team.
Mandatory flu vaccination for aged care staff – can providers implement a ‘no jab, no shift’ policy?26 Apr
Whilst it is recognized that most providers offer an annual vaccination program, the Federal Government has now mandated that all aged care operators offer the flu vaccination to their staff.
Hynes Legal is pleased to announce the appointment of experienced commercial lawyer, Helen Kay, as an Associate Director.
On Friday, 2 March 2018, the Federal Court of Australia handed down its decision concerning the validity of the “Asset Replacement Charge” which Regis Aged Care has been charging to residents.
- New licensing scheme impacts all aged care and community service providers15 Feb
- Voluntary Assisted Dying Act comes into law11 Dec
- Two Amendments to the Queensland Retirement Villages Act now in force28 Nov
- Amendments to the Queensland Retirement Villages Act passed06 Nov
- Queensland Parliament passes amendments to the Queensland Retirement Villages Act 199926 Oct
- Home care packages not meeting assessed needs and demand according to Government report22 Sep
- Senate Bill seeks to introduce mandated ratio of skilled staff to care recipients for all Australian aged care facilities 08 Sep
- Julie McStay announced as featured speaker at Health Metrics World Conference 201723 Aug
- Recent FWC decision provides no relief for aged care and community service providers06 Jul
- Hynes Legal listed as leading law firm in Doyles Guides Leading Health and Aged Care Firms - Queensland 201729 Jun