On Friday, 2 March 2018, the Federal Court of Australia handed down its decision concerning the validity of the “Asset Replacement Charge” which Regis Aged Care has been charging to residents....read more
New laws regarding using or providing labour hire services will shortly commence. These changes affect all aged care and community service providers.
These are all words that we use interchangeably in our day-to-day management rights dealings but they mean different things to different people.
As we detailed in our article on 6 November 2017, the Housing Legislation (Building Better Futures) Amendment Bill 2017, that significantly amends the Retirement Villages Act 1999 (RV Act), was passed in the Queensland Parliament on 25 October 2017. It was subsequently assented to and became law on 10 November 2017.
The lot entitlements discussion paper was issued in February 2014 – almost four years ago. The BUGTA one was issued in September this year.T
In recent weeks Hynes Legal has maintained a close watch on the changes proposed in the Housing Legislation (Building Better Futures) Amendment Bill 2017 (the Bill).
The Government has recently released a data report detailing the operation of the new home care system and national prioritisation process.
Senate Bill seeks to introduce mandated ratio of skilled staff to care recipients for all Australian aged care facilities 08 Sep
Senator Derryn Hinch introduced the Aged Care Amendment (Ratio of Skilled Staff to Care Recipients) Bill 2017 to the Senate this week.
Julie, one of Australia’s leading legal practitioners in the aged care and retirement living sector, will appear at the Health Metrics World Conference.
Bush lawyers abound out there in strataland.
- Can you sack an employee for not taking sick leave?03 Aug
- Workplace romance in the spotlight after AFL resignations 18 Jul
- Recent FWC decision provides no relief for aged care and community service providers06 Jul
- Hynes Legal listed as leading law firm in Doyles Guides Leading Health and Aged Care Firms - Queensland 201729 Jun
- Non-compliance with industrial laws just got 15% more expensive25 May
- Budget incentives to encourage downsizing – do they go far enough?18 May
- Hynes Legal listed in Best Lawyers List for 2017/1807 Apr
- WA Coroner makes recommendations regarding home care09 Mar
- Can a Queensland body corporate stop Airbnb?02 Mar
- FWC Penalty Rate Decision – Limited Impact for Aged Care Providers 23 Feb
- Mandatory Data Breach Reporting22 Feb
- Proposed BCCM Act review recommendations announced12 Feb
- New smoke alarm requirements from 1 January10 Jan
- Opposing resolutions without dissent - the final say12 Oct
- Lot entitlements - Can you unscramble the egg?10 Oct