Hynes Legal’s aged care and retirement living team have reinforced their position as one of the leading practices, both nationally and in Queensland after featuring in Doyles Guide’s Leading Health and Aged Care Law Firm List....read more
There are (obviously) two very different business models in the management rights and motel industries....read more
Hynes Legal is thrilled to announce that Anne Marie Cassaniti, a highly experienced Clinical Consultant, has joined our aged care and retirement living team....read more
Mandatory flu vaccination for aged care staff – can providers implement a ‘no jab, no shift’ policy?26 Apr
Whilst it is recognized that most providers offer an annual vaccination program, the Federal Government has now mandated that all aged care operators offer the flu vaccination to their staff.
Hynes Legal is pleased to announce the appointment of experienced commercial lawyer, Helen Kay, as an Associate Director.
Action required - new labour hire licencing scheme impacts all aged care and community service providers11 Apr
From 18 April 2018 all labour hire providers will need a licence to operate in Queensland.
Recovering debts in the aged care context can be complex, particularly where a resident has appointed an attorney or there are issues of capacity.
Banks like real estate. We all need somewhere to live. These largely underpinned the creation of the typical management rights business model of a home with an income.
On Friday, 2 March 2018, the Federal Court of Australia handed down its decision concerning the validity of the “Asset Replacement Charge” which Regis Aged Care has been charging to residents.
Dander – it’s not a word most of us come across very often, other than back in primary school and Robert Louis Stevenson books. It probably goes hand in hand with ‘pluck’.
New laws regarding using or providing labour hire services will shortly commence. These changes affect all aged care and community service providers.
These are all words that we use interchangeably in our day-to-day management rights dealings but they mean different things to different people.
- Two Amendments to the Queensland Retirement Villages Act now in force28 Nov
- Where to now for strata law reform?16 Nov
- Amendments to the Queensland Retirement Villages Act passed06 Nov
- Queensland Parliament passes amendments to the Queensland Retirement Villages Act 199926 Oct
- Home care packages not meeting assessed needs and demand according to Government report22 Sep
- Senate Bill seeks to introduce mandated ratio of skilled staff to care recipients for all Australian aged care facilities 08 Sep
- Julie McStay announced as featured speaker at Health Metrics World Conference 201723 Aug
- Common management rights misconceptions08 Aug
- Can you sack an employee for not taking sick leave?03 Aug
- Workplace romance in the spotlight after AFL resignations 18 Jul
- Recent FWC decision provides no relief for aged care and community service providers06 Jul
- Hynes Legal listed as leading law firm in Doyles Guides Leading Health and Aged Care Firms - Queensland 201729 Jun
- Non-compliance with industrial laws just got 15% more expensive25 May
- Budget incentives to encourage downsizing – do they go far enough?18 May
- Hynes Legal listed in Best Lawyers List for 2017/1807 Apr