Casual employment just got a whole lot more expensive – does your organisation know how to mitigate this risk? 16 Jan
Does your organisation employ casuals?...read more
1 January 2019 marked the commencement of the new unified Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission....read more
Queensland Health has advised of its intention to engage with approved residential aged care providers regarding implementation and application of Chapter 2A Water Risk Management Plan of the Public Health Act 2005 (Cth).
The Department of Health has announced a new Australian Government initiative, the Specialist Dementia Care Program, to assist providers with caring for individuals with Dementia who demonstrate severe behavioural and psychological symptoms.
Governments create laws. Courts and tribunals interpret those laws when they make decisions on disputes. We all then rely on those interpretations as gospel in terms of what the legislation actually means.
There have been some important to changes to most modern awards in recent weeks.
A new Bill has been introduced into the Queensland parliament proposing additional changes to the Retirement Villages Act 1999.
Update - changes to the Retirement Village legislation (Queensland) to commence from 1 February 201909 Nov
The government has now announced the date for the commencement of the next stage of the amendments to the RV Act has been proclaimed to be in effect from 1 February 2019 with the remaining amendments to commence on 19 October 2019 (if they are not proclaimed to commence earlier).
If William Shakespeare was a Queensland strata title property owner (particularly in North Queensland), he might at this very stage be writing:
The Federal Government today released its terms of reference for the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety.
It is terrifying how quickly time flies. Two months ago we wrote about the new cladding regulation. It has now commenced.
A week has passed since the announcement of the Royal Commission into the aged care sector, and the consultation period for submissions on the Terms of Reference has now closed.
- Royal Commission into aged care quality and safety announced17 Sep
- New standards under the Single Aged Care Quality Framework passed by Parliament11 Sep
- Home care pricing now required to be published on My Aged Care31 Aug
- Legislation proposed to require residential aged care providers to disclose staff ratios22 Aug
- The meaning of ‘full and accurate minutes’ – the devil is in the detail 14 Aug
- Combustible cladding laws in Queensland announced 06 Aug
- Consumer choice and risk under the new Standards – home care02 Aug
- The timing for body corporate debt recovery proceedings is clarified 01 Aug
- Chairperson ordered to stop bullying a caretaker 19 Jul
- Misuse of Enduring Powers of Attorney 13 Jul
- Sale of Retirement Village: Do I need a Heads of Agreement?06 Jul
- Medication management in home care – managing risk under the new Standards28 Jun
- The BUGTA law reform recommendations paper has been released01 Jun
- Timetable released for implementation of 2017 Queensland Retirement Village reforms31 May
- What is a quorum?28 May