Back when real estate wasn’t as expensive, multipliers weren’t as high and banks didn’t care as much about serviceability as they did security, buying a lot with a business all worked without much of an issue....read more
Read this if you are interested in whether your share of the body corporate levies can be changed without your consent....read more
The ATO has recently clarified its position in relation to superannuation payments in respect of annual leave loading....read more
Here are the most useful, interesting and most read articles from 2018!
Casual employment just got a whole lot more expensive – does your organisation know how to mitigate this risk?16 Jan
Does your organisation employ casuals?
Hynes Legal is pleased to announce the appointment of three new partners, Madeline Walsh, Amy O’Donnell and Todd Garsden, effective 1 January 2019.
Governments create laws. Courts and tribunals interpret those laws when they make decisions on disputes. We all then rely on those interpretations as gospel in terms of what the legislation actually means.
There have been some important to changes to most modern awards in recent weeks.
If William Shakespeare was a Queensland strata title property owner (particularly in North Queensland), he might at this very stage be writing:
It is terrifying how quickly time flies. Two months ago we wrote about the new cladding regulation. It has now commenced.
There are two sets of minutes that must be kept by every body corporate. Those at committee level and those at general meeting level.
If you don’t know whether the cladding on your building is combustible, you are soon going to be forced to find out.
- The timing for body corporate debt recovery proceedings is clarified 01 Aug
- Chairperson ordered to stop bullying a caretaker 19 Jul
- The BUGTA law reform recommendations paper has been released01 Jun
- What is a quorum?28 May
- Instructing service providers22 May
- The Motel Lease – the term17 May
- The key legal differences between motels and management rights08 May
- Do not forget your option28 Mar
- New licensing scheme impacts all aged care and community service providers15 Feb
- Where to now for strata law reform?16 Nov
- Common management rights misconceptions08 Aug
- Can you sack an employee for not taking sick leave?03 Aug
- Workplace romance in the spotlight after AFL resignations 18 Jul
- Non-compliance with industrial laws just got 15% more expensive25 May
- Hynes Legal listed in Best Lawyers List for 2017/1807 Apr