As we detailed in our article on 6 November 2017, the Housing Legislation (Building Better Futures) Amendment Bill 2017, that significantly amends the Retirement Villages Act 1999 (RV Act), was passed in the Queensland Parliament on 25…...read more
On 25 October 2017, the Housing Legislation (Building Better Futures) Amendment Bill 2017 was passed in the Queensland Parliament....read more
In recent weeks Hynes Legal has maintained a close watch on the changes proposed in the Housing Legislation (Building Better Futures) Amendment Bill 2017 (the Bill).
The Government has recently released a data report detailing the operation of the new home care system and national prioritisation process.
Senate Bill seeks to introduce mandated ratio of skilled staff to care recipients for all Australian aged care facilities 08 Sep
Senator Derryn Hinch introduced the Aged Care Amendment (Ratio of Skilled Staff to Care Recipients) Bill 2017 to the Senate this week.
Julie, one of Australia’s leading legal practitioners in the aged care and retirement living sector, will appear at the Health Metrics World Conference.
Bush lawyers abound out there in strataland.
As we move into the final stages of winter, the cacophony of coughs and dripping of noses is intensifying in many Australian workplaces.
The alleged “forced” resignations of two senior AFL officials last week after disclosing affairs with co-workers has again sparked public debate about the legal issues and consequences surrounding workplace romances:
The Fair Work Commission has ruled that additional flexibility in part-time rostering is not necessary in order for aged care and community service providers to meet their obligations under the NDIS.
Hynes Legal listed as leading law firm in Doyles Guides Leading Health and Aged Care Firms - Queensland 201729 Jun
Hynes Legal listed as a tier one firm in Doyles Guide’s “Leading Health and Aged Care Firms – Queensland, 2017.
The value of the Federal Penalty Unit is set to increase by approximately 15% from 1 July 2017.
- Budget incentives to encourage downsizing – do they go far enough?18 May
- Hynes Legal listed in Best Lawyers List for 2017/1807 Apr
- WA Coroner makes recommendations regarding home care09 Mar
- Can a Queensland body corporate stop Airbnb?02 Mar
- FWC Penalty Rate Decision – Limited Impact for Aged Care Providers 23 Feb
- Mandatory Data Breach Reporting22 Feb
- Proposed BCCM Act review recommendations announced12 Feb
- New smoke alarm requirements from 1 January10 Jan
- Opposing resolutions without dissent - the final say12 Oct
- Lot entitlements - Can you unscramble the egg?10 Oct
- Christmas is approaching - is it time to give notice?07 Oct
- Industrial relations considerations in outsourcing and offshoring05 Oct
- Eyewitness account was not sufficient proof of elder abuse 20 Sep
- The golden rules of by-law enforcement 14 Sep
- The dead hand of government in aged care reform 13 Sep