Why you should use management rights experts
You would not go to a general practitioner for brain surgery.
It is for the same reason you should not go to your local lawyer for a management rights matter.
Some people play them down as being simple but they are not. There are a myriad of things that lawyers who don’t practice regularly in management rights simply will not know how to handle.
When investigating a management rights purchase or sale, you will no doubt repeatedly hear that you should (or must) use an industry expert. As you would expect us to, we cannot recommend this strongly enough. Some people disregard this and use their usual lawyer, accountant or their local bank.
More often than not, these are the clients that we end up assisting after things have taken a turn for the worse. Management rights is a very specialised area.
Using someone who does not know what they are doing to assist you will be an experience fraught with frustration (through your advisor not knowing what is going on and not being able to assist you) and financial danger, which is usually the result of bad advice.
Many people call themselves experts. It is easy to advertise that. If they do, don’t be afraid to ask for testimonials from other management rights clients. Ask them how many management rights transactions they are currently working on, or how many management rights clients they have advised over the last few months. Investigate how committed they are to the management rights industry. Ask the other industry professionals you are working with how often they have dealt with your advisors.
Hynes Legal are management rights experts. We live and breathe management rights.
We will have answers to all of your management rights questions – quite possibly before you know you need to ask them. Others don’t.
We are not the cheapest but nor are we the most expensive. What we provide is real value for money.
Testament to that is the fact that we normally have 50 or more management rights transactions on foot. Many of those are new clients but a lot of those are repeat clients. They know what we are like to deal with and quite often signed contracts hit our desk before we have even given a quote – that is how much our client’s trust us.
Ask our experts
Chairman and Legal Practice Director
Robert is the Chairman and Legal Practice Director of Hynes Legal. In this role he is responsible for assisting the CEO with the development and implementation of the overall strategic plans for both the practice and its related businesses.
Areas of practice
- Commercial law
- Capital raising
- Corporate governance
- Corporate strategy
- Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia
- Managing Director and Founder of Aegeus Partners Private Equity Group.
- Founding Director Diversified Mining Services Limited - a conglomeration of mining services businesses specialising in the provision of maintenance services to the coal mines in Queensland's Bowen Basin and New South Wales Hunter Valley regions.
- Founding Director of Infragroup Limited - a consolidation of infrastructure service businesses.
- Managing Director and Founder of Diversify Global BPO – a business process outsourcing company based in the Philippines specialising in providing business process outsourcing services to businesses in Australia.
- Queensland Law Society
- Australian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association Limited