Given the current economic times, it is not surprising that a lot of firms are focusing upon insolvency.
We have an outstanding record in acting for and against liquidators, receivers, administrators and trustees.
We have advised for and against trustees, receivers, liquidators and administrators acting in:
- recovery actions, payments and preference payments, voidable transactions and claims for insolvent trading;
- disputes regarding appointment validity;
- extensions of time for various aspects of the administration process;
- public and ASIC examinations;
- compliance with the Corporations Act, Bankruptcy Act and Personal Property & Securities Act;
- urgent injunctions restraining dealings with property;
- disputes regarding priorities between creditors;
- voting entitlements and decisions regarding proofs of debt;
- review and assistance with insolvency analysis and reports;
- breach of duties;
- directors penalty notices and other taxation issues;
- winding up applications;
- contract disputes; and
- sale of distressed assets.