Insolvency and Restructuring
Given the current economic times, it is not surprising that a lot of firms are focusing upon insolvency.
We have an outstanding record in acting for and against liquidators, receivers and managers, administrators and trustees.
We have advised for and against liquidators, receivers and managers, administrators and trustees in relation to:
- recovery actions, payments and preference payments, voidable transactions and claims for insolvent trading;
- disputes as to the validity of an appointment;
- all aspects of Deeds of Company Arrangement;
- extensions of time for various aspects of the administration process;
- public and ASIC examinations;
- compliance with the Corporations Act, Bankruptcy Act and Personal Property & Securities Act;
- Creditor’s Petitions;
- Transfer of assets to trustee, Notices to Vacate and Third Party sales;
- Part X Personal Insolvency Agreements;
- urgent injunctions restraining dealings with property;
- disputes regarding priorities between creditors;
- voting entitlements and proofs of debt;
- attendance at creditors’ meetings;
- review and assistance with insolvency analysis and reports;
- breach of duties;
- directors penalty notices and other taxation issues;
- winding up applications;
- contract disputes; and
- sale of distressed assets.
Other services related to insolvency and restructuring that we provided advice on inclues:
Have a question for us?