News / Publications
Body Corporate News
You might wonder why the question of who is a visitor matters, and if you do, you are in the strata minority. The ostensible abuse of visitor car parking privileges is the trigger for an enormous amount of body corporate angst.
It must be the season for ‘interesting’ defamation proceedings. This one will be of special interest to the strata managers (and perhaps chairpersons) out there who have to declare people unfinancial at general meetings.
Rights of access to lots05 Jun
Many bodies corporate are mistaken about their rights to access lots. There is a right to access a lot only for specific purposes and in accordance with the Act.
If you want to read an appeal decision about whether a body corporate acted reasonably in accessing a lot, then read on – and before you think this is just a body corporate issue there is a bit in this one for management rights operators about working with heights and the related work health and safety issues….
- Defamation in strata28 May
- Separating your lot from your management rights business20 May
- That’s it for contribution schedule lot entitlement adjustments30 Apr
- The first cladding stop is approaching27 Feb
- When can a body corporate withhold access to records?30 Jan
- Our most read articles of 201818 Jan
- Hynes Legal promotes two new partners20 Dec
- QCAT considers short term letting by-laws21 Nov
- Body corporate insurance obligations16 Oct
- The cladding bus has left the station03 Oct