Employment and Workplace Relations
The delivery of care and services in the aged care and retirement living sector is dependent on an engaged, effective and well-managed workforce. Hynes Legal has extensive experience in providing advice across Australia on the full range of employment and industrial relations issues that aged care providers and retirement village operator’s face.
Our team has an intimate understanding of issues unique to these industries and the knowledge and practical experience in working with key stakeholders to achieve commercially driven outcomes.
Hynes Legal’s recent employment, human resources and industrial relations legal experience in the aged care and retirement living industries includes:
Drafting chairman appointment agreements, board appointment agreements and general employment contracts for peak aged care bodies and a range of aged care providers
- Advising on several acquisitions of aged care facilities and resultant transfer of business and human resources issues
- Advising on the removal of senior executives engaged in serious misconduct
- Negotiating enterprise agreements and termination of out of date enterprise agreements
- Conducting workplace training at board or facility level in relation to issues such as performance management, bullying, social media, out of hours conduct, WHS etc
- Undertaking workplace relations compliance audits for various for-profit and not-for-profit aged care providers
- Investigating misconduct, discrimination, bullying and harassment claims
- Assisting with Fair Work Ombudsman audits, investigations and prosecutions
- Providing day to day advice to aged care providers on a range of workplace relations matters including:
- Award and EBA interpretation
- Performance management
- Termination of employment
- Unfair dismissal and general protections claims
- Managing ill and injured employees
- Managing workplace health and safety incidents and compliance issues
- Enterprise bargaining
- Enforcement of confidentiality obligations
For further details on the complete range of Employment and Workplace Relations services we provide to our clients, please refer to our dedicated section.