Training & Policy Development
Aged Care and Retirement Living is one of the most highly regulated industries in Australia. The key to operating successfully in such an onerous environment is in ensuring that an organisation has an effective and compliant system of policies and procedures and that staff and management are aware of those systems and their individual obligations.
The key to Hynes Legal’s success in developing cost efficient policy and training programs is in our intimate understanding of the legal and commercial issues relevant to providers in the Aged Care and Retirement Living sector.
We offer cost effective pro forma programs which have been developed specifically for providers in the Aged Care and Retirement Living sector. We also offer programs which are specifically tailored to meet our client’s needs.
Our teams' experience in developing industry specific training programs includes developing programs on matters such as:
- Decision making for persons with impaired decision making capacity;
- Effective workplace incident investigation;
- End of life decision making;
- Essential legal issues for aged care managers;
- Medication management issues; and
- Restrictive practices and managing clients with difficult behaviours.
We have experience in drafting policy and procedure documents on a wide range of issues including:
- Dealing with the coroner and the police;
- Decision making for clients with impaired decision making capacity;
- Effective corporate governance;
- Elder abuse, mandatory reporting and police check requirements;
- Managing clients on artificial nutrition and hydration.
- Medication management issues;
- Restrictive practices;
- Workplace and clinical incident investigation; and
- Workplace health and safety.