To view this page correctly you must have Chinese characters installed.Print
Specialist Retirement Living Services
As part of our retirement village services we assist with the:
- Establishment of freehold, leasehold and licence schemes, including:
- providing advice on a retirement village operator’s corporate structure;
- site acquisition, development, compliance, body corporate and strata title issues (for freehold schemes);
- providing legal advice on different financial models and tenure types;
- development and lodgement of the PID;
- preparation of the suite of residence contracts (lease, licence, service agreement), tailored to suit the needs of the particular village and financial model; and
- managing relationships and liaising with developers, scheme operators, town planners, project managers, builders, body corporate managers, consultants, local government authorities and other agencies under retirement village legislation.
- Ongoing management and operation of retirement village schemes, including:
- preparation, submission and lodgement of the PID, disclosure statements and related documents for sales;
- quarterly review and updating of the PID in accordance with business objectives and constantly changing laws;
- liaising with residents, scheme operators, village managers, accountants and other parties; and
- managing all ongoing regulatory compliance issues.
- The purchase (and sale) of established retirement villages, including:
- providing advice on and undertaking all necessary due diligence;
- drafting contract for sale and undertaking all necessary contract negotiations;
- liaising with all relevant government departments to facilitate transfer of the village to the new scheme operator;
- attending to settlement and all issues arising post completion; and
- assisting new scheme operator transitioning old scheme documents to new scheme operator.
Other related legal services that we provide to our aged care and retirement living clients include:
- coronial investigations and major clinical incident investigations;
- corporate governance;
- dispute resolution;
- training and policy development;
- workplace relations; and
- workplace health and safety.