Regulatory & Prudential Compliance
Hynes Legal provides highly specialised regulatory advice to the Aged Care and Retirement Living sector. Our team has over ten years of specialist experience working with and within these industries.
We are actively involved in industry peak bodies and keep our clients informed of regulatory changes relevant to their business as and when they occur.
We offer our clients the following services to assist them to achieve regulatory compliance:
- policy review and development;
- compliance auditing; and
- the development and implementation of training programs to address areas of risk and to keep pace with regulatory changes.
Our experience includes:
- acting on behalf of aged care providers in relation to sanctions imposed by the Department of Health and Ageing;
- acting on behalf of aged care providers in relation to findings of non-compliance imposed by the Standards and Accreditation Agency;
- providing advice on prudential bond management issues;
- conducting audits of residential care agreements and bond agreements;
- drafting residential care agreements for aged care providers;
- advising residential aged care providers on matters such as:
- the refund and return of accommodation bonds;
- maximising residential care fees and charges;
- medication management;
- police check and mandatory reporting requirements;
- guardianship and capacity issues including: end of life care, substitute decision making, advance care planning, enduring powers of attorney; and
- advance health directives.