Acquisitions and disposals of Retirement Villages
Hynes Legal regularly provides advice to clients on the sale or purchase of retirement villages. Primarily we are asked to assist by advising, drafting or negotiating on an operator’s behalf to ensure their interests are protected and they are aware of any risks or liabilities which may arise as a result of the transaction.
We are experienced working with both retirement village and aged care operators and are regularly engaged to undertake the following work in relation to acquisitions and disposals of retirement villages:
- preparation and negotiation of heads of agreement
- undertaking due diligence (for buyers or sellers)
- preparation and negotiation of sale contracts for the purchase of assets or share sale agreements for the purchase of corporate entities
- preparation and negotiation of contracts for the sale of land
- preparation and negotiation of loan agreements
- conveyance of assets or shares
- advice on corporate structure for purpose of acquisition
We also advise operators and developers in relation to integrated sites containing other community living options such as aged care facilities as well as the development and construction of Retirement Villages.