Acquisitions and disposals of Aged Care Facilities
Hynes Legal regularly provides advice to clients on the acquisition and sale of aged care facilities. Primarily we are asked to assist by advising, drafting, negotiating or lodging applications on a provider’s behalf to ensure their interests are protected and they are aware of any risks or liabilities which may arise as a result of the transaction.
We are regularly engaged to undertake the following work in relation to acquisitions and disposals of aged care facilities:
- Preparation and negotiation of heads of agreement
- Undertaking due diligence
- Preparation and negotiation of sale contracts for the purchase of assets or share sale agreements for the purchase of corporate entities
- Preparation and negotiation of land contracts
- Preparation of new residential care agreements
- Applications for residential places
- Preparation and negotiation of agreement to transfer allocated or provisionally allocated places
- Drafting of leases to allow the entity which owns the property (facility) to lease the area
- Regulatory approvals
- Advice on corporate governance matters, workplace and employee issues, IP issues
- Conveyance of assets or shares
- Transfer of ownership with Department
We also advise operators and developers in relation to integrated sites containing other community living options such as retirement villages and Independent living units as well as the development and construction of Retirement Villages.