To view this page correctly you must have Chinese characters installed.Print
As LASA’s preferred supplier of legal services, Hynes Legal provides specialist industry advice to aged care providers and retirement village operators.
Our recent work
- Hynes Legal has advised both private and not-for-profit providers on the acquisition of various aged care facilities and retirement villages in the last 12 months. This has included advising on both the acquisition of stand alone facilities, mixed use facilities (aged care and retirement villages on the one site) and the acquisition of multiple facilities in the one transaction. This advice includes preparation of contracts, conducting legal due diligence, advising on issues with aged care places, applications for retirement village schemes, transfer duty exemption applications and conveyance of assets.
- Hynes Legal is the preferred supplier of residential care agreements for LASA nationally. We have been engaged by aged care providers across the country to assist them with transitioning their organisations through the most recent aged care reforms.
- We have developed Simply Legal which is an online portal for aged care providers and retirement village operators to purchase agreements, policies and procedures and other essential legal documents. Our resident agreements are the only resident agreements recommended by LASA nationally to their members. We currently provide resident agreements to more than 50 providers across Australia.
- We have advised various aged care and RV operators on innovative and novel mixed use developments. This advice includes including preparation of residence contracts, application to register the scheme and development advice.
- We act for various retirement village operators in the day-to-day management operation of their villages as well as conveyances.
- We have provided advice on various regulatory compliance issues to both aged care providers and RV operators. This ranges from acting for aged providers under sanction by the Department of Social Services to advising on issues such as matters of prudential compliance, security of tenure, work place health and safety and work place relations.
- We have developed and implemented training packages for aged care providers, retirement village operators and disability service providers in workplace health and safety, medication management, substitute decision-making, end of life decisions and managing major clinical incidents. Hynes Legal provides training services to clients directly. We are also engaged by the Leading Aged Services Queensland Education Institute to provide a suite of training programs, which are delivered across the State throughout the year.